6 April 2014

Lemon and white chocolate muffins


As Easter is approaching, it's nice to bake something fresh and springlike and add whimsical Easter decorations to the baked goods. So I decided to make some lemon muffins with white chocolate icing. As a rough guideline for the ingredient amounts of the cake dough I used Mary Berry's recipe for lemon cupcakes, check it out as well. 

Here is my recipe, and it makes about 12 tasty muffins.

125g self-raising flour
125g caster sugar
125g butter
2 eggs
2tbsp milk
1,5 lemons, zest grated
150g white baking chocolate

Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Mix the flour and sugar with the soft butter. Add the eggs, milk and one lemon's zest and whisk them all into an even dough.

Divide the dough into muffin cases and bake for about 20 minutes until fully baked. I usually place the muffin cases into a silicone muffin baking tray with slots, so they keep their shape better.

Let the muffins cool after baking and once cooled start preparing the icing. Melt white chocolate gently in a water bath and mix the half lemon's zest into it once melted. Spread the chocolate on the muffins and let set. You can also pipe the chocolate icing on, but then hurry up, so that the chocolate doesn't set again.




Then just enjoy the tasty muffins!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. So adorable!! Can you believe that I almost forgot about Easter?! :((
    I've been so busy with personal projects that I've even forgotten about the monthly holidays!

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You must be happy then to be surprised by the unexpected holiday! :) I've been waiting for Easter for a while now. It's so late this year that I might manage some more baking before it's finally here.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.