16 April 2014

Squash pasta


With this post I'm already wishing you all a very happy Easter, have a lovely time whatever you choose doing! It certainly seems that the weather is going to be good in many places.

I'm off to Paris soon, and getting very excited about it, but first there's one final working day and some packing to be done before.

Today's recipe itself is once again a simple pasta dish, but I wanted to experiment with the combination of squash and pasta, and I rather liked it. I think you can even substitute kabocha squash with any other squash you happen to have. 

This is how I made my dish.


Ingredients

1 kabocha squash
1tsp thyme
1tsp parsley
Olive oil
3 shallots
3 garlic cloves
Dash of dry cider
1tsp salt
½tsp ground black pepper
Vegetarian pasta cheese grated
500g fusilli

Method

Peel the squash, remove the seeds and chop it into small cubes. Brush the cubes with olive oil, sprinkle thyme and parsley on the top, and roast them at 180C for about 30 minutes. Turn the cubes a couple of times during the roasting.


Then start preparing the other components by chopping the shallots and garlic. Once the squash is roasted, cook the shallots and garlic in some olive oil until soft, and then add the squash cubes to the pan. Add some cider and let it simmer (I used one of my favourites, Black Fox Cider, and a review is coming soon!). Season with salt and pepper, and more thyme and parsley to taste.


Cook the pasta al dente and serve it with the squash mix and a generous helping of some vegetarian pasta cheese on the top. Enjoy the simplicity!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.