20 June 2014

Midsummer (Juhannus) in Finland

Happy Midsummer my dear readers! Hyvää juhannusta!

Today is Midsummer's eve, a big festivity in Finland, and I'm lucky enough to be able to celebrate it here this year. You can read more about the exciting Finnish Midsummer traditions here.

I'm just going to have a relaxing time. What I'm going to do next is a daytime sauna visit where I'll beat myself with birch branches and after that there will be a garden vegetable barbeque. Maybe I'll enjoy a couple of local drinks like lonkero or cider while I'm at it. It's not particularly warm here, but we'll be stubborn and barbeque in my mum's garden anyway. Here are some photos from her blooming garden.

Have fun!

Your VegHog

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.