11 June 2014

Tomato focaccia


I got The Forest Feast by Erin Gleeson for my hog birthday (old in snuffler years). The Forest Feast is a unique blend between an artbook and a cookbook as Erin puts it herself. It's full of wonderful recipe ideas and beautiful illustrations and photos. It's also rare for me to have an American cookbook, so I'm very excited about it.


When I saw the picture of the “Polka-dot Focaccia” in the book (p. 40-41), I was instantly inspired. In the end I made the focaccia according to my own recipe, but the look is similar.

This is my tomato focaccia recipe, try it!

Ingredients

Selected small colourful tomatoes
500 ml wheat flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
200 ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp olive oil
Dried wild rosemary
Sea salt



Method 

Mix the flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt, and then add the lukewarm water and olive oil. Knead to a dough. Stretch the dough on a baking tray lined with baking parchment and let rise for about 40 minutes under a teatowel.

Place the tomatoes on the dough and press them down gently. Sprinkle the sea salt and dried rosemary on the top.

Bake the focaccia at 220C for about 20 minutes and serve fresh. The focaccia is perfectly good on its own, but also great dipped into basil infused olive oil.



This is very easily done and makes a good addition to a summery serving table. I'm again full of hope for the summer as it has been warm here in England for a few days now!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.