18 November 2014

Cooking video - Purple sprouting broccoli and potato soup

I tried something new and made a cooking video. It's not the most brilliant edit and not even my best recipe, but I thought it would be nice to introduce in a different visual way how I usually make my vegan soups. What do you think, should I make more of these in the future? That wouldn't be too often anyway as it's quite time consuming, but it is a great fun and I wish I could chop that quickly!

I have listed the ingredient amounts here in writing as well, but haven't written any further instructions. I hope that the video explains it mostly. You can variate the vegetable stock amount depending on how thick you want the soup to be. I initially added 500 ml, but added a little extra water later. Then just simmer until everything is cooked and the flavours blended nicely. This soup making method can be used for pretty much any vegetable combinations.

Ingredients

250 g purple sprouting broccoli
250 g small potatoes
2 onions
3 garlic cloves
500-700 ml vegetable stock
Salt, ground black pepper and sage to taste

Enjoy the video!
 

Music: Mozart Eine Kleine Nachtmusik

Your VegHog

3 comments:

  1. Liking the video, very speedy :) I was half expecting at the end for you to lift up the mug and bring it to your face to reveal the cook behind the cooking hands, but no :( that is okay as I am quite shy behind the camera too. Liking the soup, time I made some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was considering of revealing myself, but wasn't quite ready yet, maybe I'm slowly working that way. At least the hands were already there! I thought that people wouldn't want to watch a very long video, so I had to speed it up quite a bit. :)

      Delete
    2. Yeah, cooking can be a slow process so speeding it up was a smart move. Still I did enjoy it. Thank you.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.