24 December 2014

Spelt and forest mushroom nut roast

I have just decorated the Christmas tree and will now start heating the traditional Christmas Eve daytime sauna. But first I wanted to share my spelt and forest mushroom nut roast recipe with you. This dish is going to feature at our family dinner tonight.

Ingredients

3 parsnips
3 carrots
2 onions
1 cloveless garlic
1 tbsp rapeseed oil
10 g dried chanterelles (or other forest mushrooms)
1 dl pearled spelt
4-5 dl vegetable stock
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
400 g peeled and cooked chestnuts 
1/2 dl breadcrumbs

Method

Boil the peeled parsnips and carrots in water until soft and mash them.

Soak the dried chanterelles in water for about ten minutes.

Chop the onions and garlic finely and cook soft in the rapeseed oil.

Add the chanterelles and the spelt with the vegetable stock to the pan and let simmer until all excess water has been absorbed by the spelt and they are cooked. Season with black pepper.

Combine the spelt and root vegetable mixes and lightly crush the chestnuts among the mix. Then stir it into an even batter. Add some breadcrumbs if needed.

Spread the mix into an oven dish and bake at 180C for about 45 minutes.

Enjoy with your Christmas dinner.



Happy Christmas everyone!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Due to technical difficulties one of the main ingredients is missingon the recipe! 400 g chestnuts. I will amend the recipe as soon as I can. Now it sounds more like a nut roast as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, sounds so good!<3

    vegcourtesy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People actually liked it, so I'm happy. Round two today. :)

      Delete
  3. I will be making Mushroom Risotto today with dried ceps, mostly porcini - but I do love a good nutroast. I didn't get any on Christmas day :(

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.