11 May 2015

Chilli with soya mince


I purchased this very handy dried soya mince. It's good to have in the cupboard for pasta sauces, chillies, Schnitzel or pasties. This time I made a soya mince chilli with peppers and beans and served it with rye nachos. I'm also very fond of my new smoked paprika and constantly want to add it everywhere!

Here is my soya mince chilli recipe, which is a very easy and basic one. I make this kind of a chilli quite often.


Ingredients

½ cup dried soya mince
2 red onions
3 garlic cloves
1 small chilli
2 bell peppers
500 g tomatoes
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp ground coriander
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp paprika
240 g / 1 can black beans
1 tsp cocoa powder
4 tbsp tomato purée
50 g grated cheddar

Method

Cook the soya mince according to the instructions on the packet. Chop the red onions, garlic cloves, chilli, bell peppers and tomatoes.

Heat the vegetable oil and cook the onions, garlic, chilli and peppers for a few minutes. Add the soya mince to the pan a fry a little. Then add the ground coriander, cumin and paprika followed by the beans and tomatoes.

Let simmer under the lid and stir occasionally. Season with cocoa powder, tomato purée and add the grated cheese. Serve with the nachos and enjoy!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.