18 May 2015

Lebanese Dirty Rice with Halloumi


I have already published the recipe for Lebanese Dirty Rice here and it has become one of my favourites that I cook quite often. It's a simple yet tasty dish and also very cheap to make. 

So this week's cooking plan started with Lebanese Dirty Rice. I served fried halloumi slices with it and cut a couple of corners with the fried onions by using the ready made Ikea ones. I used puy lentils and brown rice as the main ingredients. This is a comforting choice for often so bleak Mondays and you'll get a healthy and nutritious start to the week. If you leave the halloumi out, the dish is vegan.



4 comments:

  1. oh I have to do this dirty rice as I have just bought puy lentils

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do, it's a true winner! And so cheap and simple!!

      Delete
  2. I love these kind of dishes, for me rice and lentils is a comfort dish ie rice and dal. I made similar dish to your Lebanese diry rice a few weeks back, that I haven't got round to posting as I forgot to top off with the frizzled onions, maybe I will share next week. I love your addition of halloumi cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is a great dish, now I'm constantly making it. The onions do add an extra niceness and halloumi was a good addition too. I'm excited to see your version.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.