17 May 2015

Potato and rosemary focaccia


I have baked loads of things with potatoes lately, potato pizza and potato pies, and now I've done it again. Now I baked potato and rosemary focaccias with lovely red ruby gem potatoes. I love the taste of these local potatoes and purchase them quite often. I used mainly spelt flour in the dough, which I haven't done before in focaccias.


Here is how I made these focaccias. The recipe makes four focaccias or one large one.

Ingredients

For the dough:

300 ml spelt flour
200 ml wheat flour
1 tbsp dry yeast
1 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
200 ml lukewarm water
2 tbsp olive oil

For the filling:

250 g small potatoes
Rosemary
Sea salt
20g grated mature Cheddar

Method

Mix the dry ingredients for the dough (flour, dry yeast, sugar and salt) and then add the lukewarm water and olive oil and knead to a dough. Let the dough rise for about 40 minutes under a teatowel.

In the meanwhile boil the potatoes until they are soft. Let them cool and cut them into chunky bits. I cut one small potato into 2-3 pieces. Mix the pieces in a bowl with a little olive oil, rosemary and sea salt.

Shape small round focaccias from the dough and place the potato pieces on them. Sprinkle grated cheddar on the top and some more sea salt and rosemary if you prefer.

Bake at 220 C for about 20 minutes and enjoy!




Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I love potatoes.<3 They're my favorite food right next to lentils.

    Vegetarian Courtesy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so yummy , yet again "less is more" I must try this focaccia !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laura! Let me know how you liked them, if you make some. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.