19 May 2015

Rye pasta


I tend to eat one or several pasta dishes in a week, as they are quick and versatile. This rye pasta was included in my weekly cooking plan for this week and I used ingredients for it that I mostly have around. I only called it generically rye pasta, as the vegetables and pine nuts can be substituted by others. This is the time to get creative or just use up what you already have.


I bought this really nice dark rye pasta in Copenhagen and finally got around cooking with it. Unfortunately I don't have exact amounts for the ingredients, as I more or less just threw the dish together, but here's what I used.

Rye pasta
Garlic
Olive oil
Pine nuts
Grated mature Cheddar
Fresh basil
Salt
Pepper
Grilled antipasti peppers

Chop the garlic finely and cook it soft in olive oil. In parallel, cook the rye pasta al dente.

Add the pine nuts, grated mature cheddar and a few tablespoons of the pasta cooking water to the pan so that the contents get a more sauce-like consistency. Season with basil, salt and pepper.

Mix the pasta with the sauce and serve with the cold antipasti peppers on the top. And the dish is done!




Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.