10 May 2015

Swanage Railway Diesel Gala & Beer Festival 2015


Already last year I wrote about this event, which I also visited yesterday. The Swanage Railway Diesel Gala & Beer Festival is an annual event on the Isle of Purbeck for train enthusiasts, families, beer friends and more. During the weekend vintage diesel trains operate on the heritage rail between Swanage and Norden. My favourite stop along the line is Corfe Castle, because it's just such a fairytale village. I also love the hill landscapes and the seaside in the Isle of Purbeck and always gladly visit there. 

We travelled a lot on trains back and forth during the day and it was good fun. I thought that the beer festival was a bit nicer this year as well, as it had moved to the Corfe Castle railway station and therefore it was practical to grab a beer or cider and jump onto the next train. I tasted some wonderful beers like the Old Pusher Ale by the Glastonbury Ales, or ciders like the Glastonberry, also by the Glastonbury Ales. The Glastonberry cider unfortunately sold out fast, so I could only get one half pint of it, but it was a really nice cider, dry yet full of surprising berry goodness. I definitely want to try that again! 

Yesterday the weather was really nice, just perfect for a little outdoor event. Here are my impressions through my photos.


























No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.