21 June 2015

Bedford Place Vintage Family Festival 2015


Today I had the pleasure visiting a local street fest right in my quarter. I have never revealed my exact living area here on the blog, but haven't really tried to conceal it either. Possibly at least my regular readers appreciate a bit more personal info. So here it goes, I currently live in Southampton, Hampshire, England, and my local quarter is the Bedford Place. It's quite a nice area close to the city centre with loads of independent shops, pubs and night clubs. Today a lovely vintage family festival and food market took place there. It was really busy and I was thrilled to see so much buzz on my local street and having the chance of buying local produce at the same time. 




One of the best buys on the festival, were the fresh Isle of Wight tomatoes and oak smoked slow roasted tomatoes with garlic oil and oak smoked slow roasted vine ripened tomatoes from The Tomato Stall. I can't wait to use this produce in my cooking. I mostly prefer the tomatoes from the close by Isle of Wight anyway, and they were so extremely friendly at the stall, so I don't have any reason not to. 

I had lunch on the festival today and there would've been some veggie options to choose from. I absolutely loved my halloumi and roasted pepper wrap from Dapper Dan's Deli. There was a bit of a queue to wait for the food, but it was so worth it. 




Then of course I had to pay a visit to my local wine merchants, Cloud Wine, where I'm a regular anyway. They gave us some tasters of local English sparkling wines and we purchased the Hattingley Valley Classic CuvĂ©e. 

I also tasted and bought some local cheese, the Winchester Mature, by the Lyburn Farmhouse Cheesemakers

During the festival I enjoyed drinks offered by one of my regular pubs The Cricketers, who had also opened an outdoor stand for the day and had a beer festival at their own premises just around the corner. 









Apart from all these lovely foodie purchases, I got some fresh local gooseberries and am currently considering some baking or cooking options with them. So that was pretty much my Sunday at a local happening. Mainly I just enjoyed the atmosphere and the good weather. I hope that you had a great day as well.

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.