28 June 2015

Onion squash quesadilla


Happy Sunday everyone! I've had a relaxing day so far and am just starting to cook basically for the rest of the day. Today's dishes will also be posted here soon, but while I'm still making them, I thought I'd post a dish that I made recently: roasted onion squash quasadilla with fresh coriander and Cheddar. I kept the ingredients quite simple, but these were really tasty. I will certainly be making them again! 


Here is my recipe.

Ingredients

1 onion squash
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion
2 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper
Chilli flakes
Salt
Ground black pepper
8 plain tortilla wraps
Fresh coriander
250 g grated Cheddar
Sour cream

Method

Peel and chop the onion squash into cubes. Brush them with olive oil and roast in the oven until soft with roasting marks.

Chop the onion and garlic finely and cut the bell pepper into small cubes.

Heat olive oil in a pan and quickly blitz fry the onion, garlic and bell pepper in olive oil. I like to keep a little crunch to them. Season the mix with chilli flakes, salt and pepper to taste.

Layer the roasted squash, pepper mix, fresh coriander and cheese on a tortilla wrap and place a second one as a lid.

Put the quesadillas into the oven on a pre-heated baking sheet under the grill for a few minutes until the tortillas have received some colour and crispiness.

Cut into pieces and serve with sour cream on the side.




Enjoy!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.