7 July 2015

Radish leaf pesto with macaroni

A simple weekday pasta is where it's at right now! I just can't resist all the lovely seasonal summer greens that can make amazing salads and pasta dishes. So many leaves can be used to make pesto, just pick your favourite! I think that radish leaves are brilliant additions to pasta dishes, either a bit wilted or as pesto. Until a few years ago, I didn't even know that they are edible! Now of course I hate to waste them and always try to incorporate them into cooking. An easy radish leaf pesto with macaroni was just the right choice for this weekday dinner.


These are the ingredients I used:

Leaves from a bunch of radishes
Olive oil
Garlic
Macaroni
French breakfast radishes
Vegetarian pasta cheese shavings

And the making was obviously very easy:

Purée the radish leaves with the olive oil and garlic clove into a smooth pesto.

Cook the macaroni al dente and combine it with the pesto.

Serve the dish with a few french breakfast radishes and vegetarian pasta cheese shavings (hold the cheese, if you want a vegan meal).

Enjoy and have a great week!

Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Oh I like the taste of radish leaf and have made many a recipe in the past, especially with homegrown radishes - this pesto woudl be a nice change from the basil version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I can't believe I only started utilising the whole radish plants a few years ago! Now I let some of them to grow to seed and eat the flowers and pods too, yummy! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.