11 April 2016

Salad plate with hummus


How has your week started? Do you have any healthy eating plans for this week? Nice variable salad plates have been much of my favourites recently and therefore here is just a quick salad plate post for Monday with the cheerful colours. This sort of plates can be easily put together after a long day at work and they are tasty and filling. I was very happy that I found kohlrabi again, that's always a highlight for me. Otherwise I went with my standard favourites here.

The components on today's plate are:
  • hummus
  • carrot sticks
  • kohlrabi sticks
  • olives
  • aged Havarti cheese
  • baguette
  • pea shoots
  • tomatoes
  • lettuce


What are your favourites for such veggie plates?

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. This looks like a delicious healthy lunch. I often do similar lunches by seeing what is in the fridge and I end up with a veg plate a bit like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, most of the time this is just a collection of what's left like this time when I mainly wanted to use the kohlrabi. Thanks for commenting! :)

      Delete
  2. that looks so good - I have been thinking about a salad plate with hummus today for lunch - so this is good inspiration - do you eat the kohlrabi raw - it is one of those vegies I never know how to serve

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! On this sort of plates I eat the kohlrabi raw, it's superior to carrot sticks I find. It also makes a decent mash or even a side as boiled bits.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.