5 June 2016

Dino party


It was my birthday the other week. I didn't do anything special much, just went out for a dinner and a bit of live music, but the next day I wanted to stay home and have a little finger food and bubbly night. When I found these endearing dinosaur party items, I just had to have them. I really believe that they are not just for children's parties, but even “slightly older" women can have fun with them. Yes, I drank sparkling wine from a dinosaur mug through a dinosaur straw. I hope you don't think that I'm crazy... I really like dinosaurs anyway, so it was quite a fitting theme, I think.






Here are the snacks that I prepared for this dino party:

Pasta saladrecipe is in this post 

Carrot sticks – always an easy, but nice addition to finger food plates, and healthy too!

Red lentil hummusrecipe is in this post 

Tomato salsa – I didn't make my own salsa this time, but this one from the shop was decent enough for dipping

Rye nachos – some filling rye nachos with seeds that I've brought from Finland

Lamb's lettuce – I love lamb's lettuce at the moment, it has just the perfect combination of crunch and soft and it's very mild and goes with everything

English sparkling wine – my head doesn't take sparkling wine drinking well the next day, but this Hattingley Valley bubbly I'm perfectly fine with, and the beauty of it is that it's local too

Asparagus and mushroom tartlets – see quick recipe below






Asparagus and mushroom tartlets – 8 tartlets

Ingredients

150 g shortcrust pastry
100 g baby button mushrooms
5 thin asparagus speers
1 small onion
1 garlic clove
100 g grated cheese
Fresh basil
Salt
Ground black pepper basil

Method

Roll the pastry out, cut into small circles and press them into muffin cases.

Fry the finely chopped onion and garlic and sliced mushrooms in a pan and season.

Put the mushroom mix into the muffin cases, sprinkle cheese on the top and finally place the asparagus pieces on the top.

Bake in the oven at 200 C for about 15 minutes until the tartlets are golden brown.

Enjoy!


Have a great week!

Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated Birthday, I like your little dino party and the bubbly too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated Birthday, I like your little dino party and the bubbly too

    ReplyDelete
  3. MMmmmmm I am surprised I missed this post, sorry missed your Birthday - looks like you had a good one - and dinosaurs are for everyone not just small kids but big kids too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.