9 August 2016

Sticky soya fillets with homemade pitta bread


I fancied something like a soya burger, but somehow that didn't quite tickle my fancy this time. I decided to make something a bit different, so I ended up making sticky marinated soya fillets with homemade pitta bread, and served them with carrots, lettuce and chilli ketchup. I recently bought a new product for me, chilli ketchup by Gran Luchito, whose smoked chilli paste and chilli mayo I have been using a lot lately. It's another brilliant product by them and I can only recommend it.

I really wanted to make the pitta bread myself, as I thought that the other steps for making this dish are quite simple and effortless. I sought for guidance from Felicity Cloake's recent article How to cook the perfect pitta bread. They turned out nice by following her recipe. I was just a bit too lazy sometimes and didn't roll the pittas quite as thinly as I was supposed to. Most of them puffed up properly though and I was able to fill them.


I enjoyed this plate very much. Here is my recipe for the other components starting with marinating the soya fillets.

Marinade:

2 tsp smoked chilli paste
1 tsp liquid smoke
2 tsp liquid aminos
1 tsp vegetable stock extract
4 tbsp maple syrup
3 garlic cloves

Other ingredients:

2 cups dried soya fillets/large soya chunks
2 carrots
1 red onion
Vegetable oil for frying
Lambs lettuce
Chilli ketchup

Method

Cook the soya fillets in water according to the packet instructions and quickly fry them in a pan in little oil. Cover them in the marinade and let rest in the fridge for at least one hour.

Cut the carrots into thin strings with a vegetable cutter or a spiraliser.

Cut the onion into half rings and fry them in little vegetable oil.

Also fry the soya fillets again before serving.

Serve all components together with the pitta bread. I also added some chilli ketchup and lambs lettuce on the side.

Enjoy!






Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.