3 September 2016

Char-grilled summer vegetable pizzas


I haven't made pizzas at home for a while, which is weird, because they are quite easy to make and always tasty. Now the seasonal vegetables tempted me to make a pizza with them. I bought these beautiful summer squashes and stripy aubergine at a farmers' market and wanted to use them in some nice dishes. The tomatoes came from my own balcony. In my local pub I can get this wonderful char-grilled vegetables pizza and I kind of got my inspiration from that to make these pizzas.

Ingredients

Pizza dough semi-spelt-wheat for 4 crusts (similar recipe here

Toppings:

1 pattypan squash
1 aubergine
200 g cherry tomatoes
1 garlic clove
Fresh basil leaves
Mozzarella



Method

Make the pizza dough first and while it's rising, chop up the toppings.

Slice the pattypan squash and aubergine and char-grill them in a grill pan on both sides until they have grilling marks.

Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves and chop the garlic finely.

Grate the mozzarella.

When the pizza dough is ready, roll it out thinly and cover with the toppins.

Bake at 250 C for about 10 minutes or until done.

Enjoy!



Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.