9 October 2016

Mexican cauliflower cheese


I stumbled upon Gran Luchito's Mexican Cauliflower cheese recipe and decided to give it a go. In the end I made my own version of it, as my partner doesn't eat milk-based sauces. I opted for vegetable stock as the liquid instead, and the dish turned out really nice. It was luscious and comforting, perfect for the darkening evenings. And of course I do adore Mexican food, there are so many good vegetarian and vegan options in that style of cooking.

Have a look below, how I made my version of the Mexican cauliflower cheese.

Ingredients

1 cauliflower
2 garlic cloves
15 g butter
2 tsp smoked chilli paste
2 tbsp wheat flour
400 ml vegetable stock
150 g grated Cheddar

Method

I steamed the cauliflower florets for a few moments and made the roux in the meanwhile.

For the roux I just heated garlic cloves in butter in a pan and added the smoked chilli paste followed by the wheat flour. Then I added the vegetable stock and let it all cook for a couple of minutes.

Then I placed the steamed cauliflower florets into an oven dish, covered with the chilli sauce and cheese.

And the whole thing baked at 180 C for about 30 minutes and was then ready to be enjoyed.

It was so good have a different twist to cauliflower cheese.



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum yum. I've just made a cheesy comfort dish which I will share later in the week, but I could dive into this Mex Cauli cheese as I am still hungry. PS I just commented, but I will say it again, adore your new blog header.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much about the header, my mum will be thrilled about all the nice comments. :)

      Cheesy comfort dishes is where it's at now! Finally the weather permitting.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.