29 October 2016

Spaghetti squash chilli with nachos


I thought another squash dish would be suitable for this season. I was going to make some Halloween themed post, but I'm not sure, if I'll manage with a busy weekend ahead. I've already seen several Halloween recipes by my blogger colleagues, and they all look cute and creepy at the same time. This dish that I cooked now doesn't look special, but it could be a good dish for this weekend nevertheless.

Spaghetti squash is a funny one to cook. I think it's pretty much at its best when roasted and then pulled into the spaghetti like strings. In this dish I combined roasted spaghetti squash with a black bean and sweetcorn chilli. The dish would be vegan, if you substitute the cheese on the nachos or skip it fully. The dish is also very tasty as fully vegan.

Ingredients

1 spaghetti squash
Olive oil
1 onion
3 garlic cloves
2 small chillies
240 g / 1 can black beans
140 g / 1 small can sweetcorn
200 g tomatoes
Ground cumin to taste
Ground coriander to taste
Smoked paprika to taste
2 tsp smoked chilli paste
1 tbsp tomato purée
Splash of liquid aminos
1 tsp cocoa powder

Serve with:
400 g nachos
150 g grated Cheddar and Mozzarella

Method

Cut the spaghetti squash in half, brush with olive oil and roast in the oven until soft.

Prepare the rest of the chilli in the meanwhile by simmering all chilli ingredients together. Season the chilli to taste.

Once the squash is roasted, pull the flesh out with a fork and mix it into the chilli. I left some over to put as decoration on the top, otherwise the squash becomes quite invisible.

Heat up some nachos in the oven covered with cheese and serve them with the chilli.

Enjoy and have a good weekend!



Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! That, and I'm also a big fan of chili and nachos. :9

    VEGETARIAN COURTESYFACEBOOK

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.