8 April 2017

Colin cupcakes


These Colin cupcakes could be a fun Easter baking. I'm sure that kids would love these. They are lemony cupcakes decorated with M&S vegetarian Colin the Caterpillar sweets. These sweets are gelatine free, but unfortunately not suitable for vegans. I really like them and buy them quite often. Now I thought that they would make nice cupcake decorations. I tried to decorate some with the long caterpillar sweets, but the butterflies were definitely better suited for these small cupcakes. I used pink tiger lemons for the dough an icing. I just had to buy them, because they looked so cute. I think that another batch will have to come for Easter.



Ingredients
For about 12 cupcakes

For the dough:
125 g self-raising flour
125 g caster sugar
125 g butter
2 eggs
2 tbsp hazelnut milk
1 lemon's zest

For the decoration:
Icing sugar + lemon juice
Colin the Caterpillar sweets

Method

Pre-heat the oven to 180 C. Mix the flour and sugar with the soft butter. Add the eggs, hazelnut milk and one lemon's zest and whisk them all into an even dough.

Divide the dough into cupcake cases and bake for about 20 minutes until fully baked. I usually place the paper cases into a silicone muffin baking tray with slots, so they keep their shape better. Let the cupcakes cool down after the baking.

Make the icing by mixing some icing sugar with a little lemon juice. Spread it on the cupcakes, and place a Colin on the top.

Enjoy!





Your VegHog

2 comments:

  1. cute sweets - I think I remember seeing them in the UK but not hear in Australia. And v cute cupcakes - definitely very easter themed

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.