27 May 2017

Changes – Important update!

Dear Friends,

The time has come to tell you about some changes that will happen in my life soon, and will also affect this blog. It's both exciting and sad news at the same time.

Last year a referendum about Britain's membership in the European Union took place. Surprisingly to most, a slight majority was in favour of leaving the bloc. People voted for different reasons, some of them were personal, some emotional, and some people might have been misled or uninformed. It might not have become the independence day that some were longing for either, but hopefully there will be a good outcome for normal British people and the whole of Europe. As you may know, the VegHog is an EU immigrant in Britain, and my status along many others was very much put into question due to these developments. So here is my big announcement: I have decided to leave the country.

At the end of this month I will be moving to Copenhagen in Denmark, and plan to settle down there permanently. My partner and I had been contemplating moving for quite a long time, but the looming brexit made it all much more urgent. He is a British citizen, and prefers relocating to the continent. The move is going to be a bit emotional after over ten years in the UK, but sadly I don't recognise this country as the same welcoming place that I arrived to. I hope that everything will turn out for the best, but there will be some uncertain times ahead.

Of course I'm very excited about the move, as Copenhagen is my absolute favourite city and I will then be closer to home. It will also be difficult in the beginning, learning the language, getting everything sorted etc. but we are ready. I will certainly continue blogging, however it can be a bit quiet here in June, before I have gotten a proper internet connection in my new home and so on. I try to keep you updated about what's happening.

Now I want to thank you for being my faithful readers and really hope that you will be following my new adventures as well!

Your VegHog


10 comments:

  1. Should be good, even A Hereford Beefstouw does decent veggie food now.
    The very best of luck with the taxes and the pronunciation ;)
    Enjoy remoulade, rugbrød, pickled garlic, the S-Tog and easy cycling
    NotLeafy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'll all be very exciting. I will let you know how I get on. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh that is sad to hear the Brexit is hastening your department but copenhagan sounds like a wonderful place to live - I only visited the place briefly many years ago but really loved it. It is unsettling to move country and I am sure that there are some bumpy times ahead as well as lots of exciting discoveries - when I was in the UK many years ago I loved the internet cafes for keeping in touch with people but these days smart phones keep us online even if we don't have internet connections. Good luck with the move and look forward to hearing about your Copenhagan eats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Johanna! I'm sure it will be wonderful and hopefully I will have many new cool Scandinavian recipes on the blog. I will keep you updated.

      Delete
  3. Best of luck to you both, I will be reading your blog wherever you are !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know we have already communicated via e mail as you are my #EatYourGreens co-host, I am genuinely sad - but understand. I await to hear from you when you have settled in and can commence the #EatYourGreens challenge once again while I take over the reigns the next two months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully everything will be setup by July so that I can host again. I don't particularly like any of the mobile blogging apps, it's a bit fiddly, so I'll wait to have "proper" equipment. :) I will let you know anyway.

      And yes, all these developments are very sad for the country, let's hope that it's going to be less catastrophic...

      Delete
  5. I just wish I had somewhere as an EU citizen rather than a UK one!
    Good luck in your new country! I look forward to seeing lots of pastries and other Danish delights :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Belinda! I'm sure there will be plenty of Danish themed posts. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.