11 March 2017

Bento Italiano


You may have noticed that ever since I got my lovely sushi rice moulds, I've been very keen on bento box lunches. This time I gave the box a little bit of a twist by using typical Italian ingredients in it.

I made sure at work that neither my Italian nor Japanese colleagues would see this lunch, in case this fusion would've been too much for them. I avoid these subjects with one of my Italian colleagues anyway, as she wasn't very pleased to hear that I like pineapple on a pizza...

I thought that this was a really good lunch and I would make it anytime again.

So this is what I made:
  • onigiri from sushi rice cooked with vegetable stock powder and a rind of vegetarian pasta cheese, with an olive and sundried tomato filling, and basil facial features
  • mini pizzas using halves of whole wheat pittas as a base, with semi-dried tomato, basil, oregano and vegetarian pasta cheese on top
  • roasted red pepper and garlic sauce with some olive oil and pine nuts (basically a red pesto)
  • balsamic jelly
  • pulled mozzarella
  • olives
  • roasted red peppers
  • lambs lettuce
  • tomatoes
  • pine nuts
  • basil





How did you find this fusion bento? Was I crossing a line there?

I wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Your VegHog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.