14 June 2017

Courgette, mushroom and pea pasta sauce


I finally have an internet connection at home! And this is of course the first thing I'll have to do, to write a post, as I've been too quiet in June. Of course it has been an extremely busy month, and too many things to sort out, but I really am enjoying life and exploring my new surroundings. I hope to post more soon, as it will now be easier to do from home.

Here is the first dish that I cooked in my new Danish kitchen a couple of weeks ago when I moved in, just a nice basic veggie pasta. It may be a basic dish, but it was very exciting to cook it in my new kitchen. I enjoyed the dish very much though, especially as I managed to cook it all on a gas stove. Here are more details about my new kitchen in case you're interested.

Ingredients

1 shallot
2 garlic cloves
1 courgette
100 g closed cup mushrooms
1 cup fresh peas
2 tbsp olive oil
200 ml oat cream
1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp lemon pepper
Handful of fresh parsley
Pasta

Method

Chop the shallot and garlic finely and start frying them in olive oil. Once they are softened, also add the sliced mushrooms.

When the mushrooms have lost the excess liquid, add the courgette slices soon followed by the oat cream.

At some point also add the fresh peas. I personally like to leave them quite hardish, so only added them towards the very end.

Let simmer until everything is nicely cooked. Season and serve with pasta.





I want to share this recipe with Shaheen who is bravely hosting Eat Your Greens for the second month in a row, as I was busy with my moving. I hope to be all ready for hosting in July, but in the meanwhile, please share your recipes with Shaheen.


Your VegHog

4 comments:

  1. Looks really good and wonderfully captured in the picture. This green pasta would be perfect for the work lunch box too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree that it would be a good lunch too!

      Delete
  2. That looks a great mid week tea. Got all those ingredients in bar the fresh peas and lemon pepper. Can improvise the latter and saw fresh peas in at the local shop. I have oat cream in but yet to use it, was wanting to try it in a savoury dish so this is perfect. Hope you are settling in to your new home. # brexitsucks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You can definitely also improvise with the ingredients, I'm sure it'll be nice. I use oat cream constantly for savoury stuff. :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I would very much appreciate any comments or suggestions from you.